Saturday, November 7, 2009

7 hours...REALLY??!!

What a crazy Thursday I had. After looking at the up coming weather I decided that no matter what I had to get all the leaves up. They are talking the "S" word starting Monday and going on for a few days after that. After a few minuets of leaf blowing I found an unexpected surprise. It threw me so much I had to stare at it for a while. It was a hypodermic needle. Not knowing how to handle it I left it there and put out the word that I needed to know what to do with this thing. While waiting for help I went on with the leaf blowing. Thanks to the leaf blower/vacuum mulcher I was able to get all the leaves from the front yard into the green bin.

About the time I finished the front yard I had a guy come by that I had met on craigslist to buy the snow tires from the Jetta. That was a nice little bit of extra cash.

I then started in on the back yard. I did not find anything quite as exciting, just a penny, lego, and way to much animal poo. Seeings how Nigel does not go outside it was not my pet which means someone needs to get over here and clean up after their animal. By the time I got done it was dark (had to use the CRV's headlights for about 10 min.) and had been 7 hours since I started. 7 hours!!! That was non-stop. The only break I had was when the guy came by. I could not believe it would take that long to do my small yard. The back yard ended up yielding 10 large black garbage bags full of leaves. After finishing I came in and sat down for a minuet......bad idea!! I was fine one second and the next second I was so SORE!

Thanks to Kyla I took care of the needle and thanks to Brock and his being into running he knew what to do for sore mussels. Tons of fluids and today I am doing much better.

My next house will have few to no trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment