Sunday, November 15, 2009

Last stab at the pile

This was my last week to work on the pile until after the thaw next year. I don't have anymore Thursdays off until after the new year and by then the ground will be too frozen. I did not take any more pictures of it because I did not get very far on it. To do anymore I am going to have to be able to haul off dirt.

I did find something new to explore though. I was raking leaves the other day and noticed 2 rusty old hinges sticking out of the ground. They were attached to a buried piece of plywood.

I had to dig to find out more. I started digging and realized it was not just one sheet of plywood but a box (that had no top anymore).
When I realized that my brain started running away. I got thinking "what am I going to do if I find bones in there"? A little too much CSI and Edgar Allen Poe. Needless to say I did not find any bones.....or much of anything else. I did find to deteriorating milk jugs, a few other pieces of garbage, and some weird gold colored thing.
The pictures above show the size of one of the shorter end boards and that gold thing. I finally dug to the bottom of the boards and realized that it had no bottom. As I told people about it at work they came up with a compost box. This would explain it not having a bottom. I decided since I did not find anything really exciting except the hinges (which I kept) that I would just bury it back in the box and leave it for the next treasure hunter.
After all that I decided to give up and go inside as it was cold and there was not much more I could do. I got messing around on the computer and looked up after about a 1/2 hour and looked outside. I was a little surprised but not shocked by............
THE SNOW!!!!! I HATE SNOW!!! This is the first real snow we have had this season and it did not get any worse than this, but I still hate it. Sigh....I guess I best get used to it and be ready Christmas is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment