Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

I had a moment earlier this week that brought to my mind a favorite author of mine.

"Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,"Sir," said I, "or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,That I scarce was sure I heard you"--here I opened wide the door--Darkness there and nothing more." "Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days of yore." Edgar Allen Poe.

Nigel was getting upset (not like her) and I could hear noises outside. I looked out to see.....
There must have been 30+ crows flying around over my house and street. The perfect start to get me in the mood for Halloween.


I have been working bit by bit getting the decorations put up these last few days. I did not want the electronic stuff out too early. I did the last bit tonight and took some pictures. You do not get the full effect but you get the idea. Note the shrunken heads in the trees.
The gost travels on the cord and groans.Night shot.Close-up of the porch. Note the severed hand on the railing. Behind the tombstone is the fog machine. In front of it is a jar that lights up and makes bubbeling noises with floating eyeballs (my parents sent me that one). On the stop is a skull. On the other side it the strobe light behind the culdren that bubbles and makes fog. In front of that is the latern with the shull in it that lights up and does an evil laugh.
For those of you that ask where I get my love for Halloween I will offer 2 pieces of evidence.

1: The card from Mom, Dad, and Jerry

2: Dad in his costume (the face drips blood, how cool is that!!!???)

No comments:

Post a Comment