Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Time to update the blog with things that SPARKLE!!

There have been a lot of fun things going on this week. I had one of our jeweler's make a pendant out of one of the shells I picked up while at the Oregon coast. It is kinda hard to see the colors but you get the point. The last 3 days at work have been spent learning Matrix. It is a 3-D auto CAD program for the jewelry industry. It is going better than I thought it might. I have messed with auto cad at home but never really got anything out of it. We have been basically just making bands. The stones are premade in the system. This first ring is one I made just poking around in the computer before the girl that is teaching us came. I added the horse because I thought it was funny.We learned basic auto cad (Rhino) the first 2 days and did all the drawings bit by bit with lines and circles. The Matrix program has a lot of short cuts. But there is still a need to know the basics so that you can do more complex things.


Like the exacto knife??!! I thought it was a weird premade prop for a jewelry program so I had to use it, kinda like the horse.


Then I decided to take my 3 favorite colors (purple, orange, and lime green) and put them into a ring. Not quite the exciting thing I thought it might be but good way to find out before you put the money into it!
Just had to show off my renderings. I am quite excited about them!


No comments:

Post a Comment