Sunday, February 15, 2009

Starting something different

I am going to give this thing a try. I have been thinking about it for a while and thought I did not have anything interesting. This maybe true and it maybe some time between postings but I will give it a try.

This weekend was my b-day. What a fun weekend. I make it a rule not to go out on V-day because everywhere is crowded and I don't really want to watch people make out. I had the stomach flu a couple weeks ago, I don't need a repeat of it. I decided a night at home eating pizza in my PJ's sounded great. I went to Papa Murphy's to get a cowboy pizza (that is the closest thing to a man). When I placed my order the girl asked me if I wanted a heart shaped pizza......what the heck, I should make at least a slight attempt at something slightly V-day'ish. I have hated the holiday for many years and thought it would be much cooler to be born on a holiday like April fools or Halloween. Weird I know. Welcome to me. Anyway, I did do something fun for myself. We have a baker in our building at work (Sweet Dreams) and I ordered a Chicken Cake.....yes a chicken cake.



And yes she has a three stone diamond necklace....I am still a GG I had to get that in there some how. Plus she had root beer icing...uummmmm root beer. =P

My parents got me the coolest thing. It is an edible arrangement. Everything is food. The greenery is kale, there were strawberries, pineapple, apple dipped in chocolate, cantaloupe, and grapes. It was very good. I wish there was a place like this in the Tri-Cities it would be my gift of choice.
I had many other great gifts from friends and family and am blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.
The best part is the fun is not over yet. I am going out with friends next weekend, and in the next couple weeks a friend and I are supposed to go out to lunch and then hit the antique malls. I am not an antique junkie (unless you are talking about jewelry) but you never know when you are going to find a great stereoscope slide. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment