Saturday, February 21, 2009

Birthday Dinner

Going out to eat on my birthday is a joke so we went out tonight. We decided to go to the Shogun. It is a Japanese restaurant. It is one of those places that they cook the food on a grill in the middle of your table. It was fun and quite good. When you walk in there is a bridge over a little pond.

I went with some of the ladies from work and other friends. Mom, Andrea, Carol, Cindy, Cindy's daughter Jill, and Jill's friend Julie. Then our cook came to cook our food. What a wild time. There was strobe lights, gongs, and flying food. This was our fried rice heart. I know it is blurry but it was dark in there.
The best part was the FIRE!!!! A few of us were a little nervous about our excessive amount of hair care products setting us a blaze.























Then there was the singing and a costume.......yes costume. A lady came and put a fancy scarf on me and then the "wig". It was crazy (I kinda loved it though). I would have loved to show up to work in that wig.
They brought out my pineapple boat, which was the best dessert I could have asked for. I added the umbrella for a little flare (as if this getup was not crazy enough). We had a good time especially listening to the Saki contests get a little slower and quieter as they got a little drunker. What a fun place and a fun night.





No comments:

Post a Comment